HISTORIC KOSZALIN NARROW GAUGE RAILWAY
Brief English Summary
The Koszalin Narrow Gauge Railway was opened on 1st November, 1898. The track gauge at that time was 750mm. During the 1950s, the gauge was modified and currently stands at 1000mm. At its height, the rail line ran for more than 180 km and reached all main towns in Central Pomerania carrying goods and passengers. It currently runs on the Koszalin-Manowo (12 km) and Koszalin-Rosnowo (20km) routes carrying tourists and groups. The small gauge train is managed by the Koszalin Narrow Gauge Railway Society (Eng. KNGRS, Pol. TKKW), which has at its disposal a historic rolling stock, which includes diesel locomotives, passenger and freight cars as well as pump trolleys. The Koszalin Narrow Gauge Railway trains run all year long: every weekend during the summer and on request during the remaining months.
Many tourist attractions are located on the narrow gauge railway route: these include historic railway structures from the beginning of the 20th century, nature reserves and architectural monuments from the 15th - 19th centuries.
fot. Marek Malczewski